NO CHANGE FOR THE SEVERE WEATHER ISSUES OVER SOUTHEAST AUSTRALIA.

The deep upper low is now tracking over eastern Australia this morning bringing up the chance of wild weather.


Multiple severe weather warnings are in place - so visit www.bom.gov.au/warnings for the official details.


If you are choosing to travel, understand that road conditions are expected to turn dangerous at times, with winter weather issues over many areas today, especially at elevation.

Overall the forecast from the modelling is hold up OK on current guide. A deep low is starting to form near Canberra bringing showers, hail and thunder to it's northern flank where snow is already falling over Bigga and Crookwell this morning.


Snowfall chances for Wednesday to Friday. Valid Tuesday June 8th 2021

In the colder air on the northern flank of the low, thunderstorms should break out over parts of NSW with a hail risk quite high with any shower or thunderstorm that does form. Squally winds also likely with the upper level wind fields still quite robust, easily mixed down by the taller showers and thunderstorms today.


Small hail could be heavy at times, it may cause some crop damage to the region today, but not everyone will see hail, it is more of a risk given the cold air so keep that in mind.


Thunderstorm Forecast - Wednesday 9th of June 2021.

90% chance of thunderstorms developing within 25km of a given point in the pink zone, tapering off 10% per colour down the wheel.

Hail Risk Forecast - Valid Wednesday 9th 2021.

Low - 5-20% Moderate - 20-40% High - 40-60% Very High - 60-80% Extreme - 80-95%

of hail within 25km of a given point.

Damaging Winds Risk Forecast - Valid Wednesday 9th 2021.

Low - 5-20% Moderate - 20-40% High - 40-60% Very High - 60-80% Extreme - 80-95%

of Damaging winds/wind gusts with showers or storms developing within 20km of a given point.

To the south of the low, showers, tending to rain with heavy falls expected through Gippsland and the South Coast of NSW. A number of flood watches are issued in VIC where it appears now the focus of heavy rainfall will be with this system.


West Gippsland which houses the Melbourne Water Catchments may see rainfall of up to 300mm over the coming few days.


Flash Flood Risk for Wednesday with showers and storms along the southeast coast of NSW, where frequent training showers could bring up water levels very quickly. Areas of persistent rainfall with heavy rainfall rates at times, bringing up the flash flood risk for southeast VIC.

Low - 5-20% Moderate - 20-40% High - 40-60% Very High - 60-80% Extreme - 80-95%

of flash flooding developing within 25km of a given point.

Riverine flooding is a risk through southeast VIC and southeast NSW with persistent rainfall, though we will likely shift the focus of higher probabilities into VIC later today if the low follows current guidance.


Riverine flooding for Wednesday night through Saturday morning.

Low - 5-20% Moderate - 20-40% High - 40-60% Very High - 60-80% Extreme - 80-95%

of riverine flooding developing within 25km of a given point.

The low pressure system will move away by Friday into Saturday with that system weakening over the period.


Wednesday June 9th 2021

Thursday June 10th 2021

Friday June 11th 2021

Saturday June 12th 2021


0 views0 comments